Parish Details for Madron

Madron

Madron is situated in the Deanery of Penwith and Western Division of the Hundred of Penwith. The parish is located north-west of Penzance with views across Mount's Bay and St Michael's Mount. It was formerly known as Madderne and comprises two parts. The larger part is bordered by Gulval to the north, the Borough of Penzance and the ocean to the east, Paul and Sancreed to the south and Morvah to the west. The lesser detached part is bordered by Zennor to the north and Gulval to the east, south and west. Madron is not mentioned as such in the Domesday Book of 1086. Madron Church, Trengwainton and Landithy were originally part of the manor of Roseworthy in Gwinear however the rest of the parish was taxed under the jurisdiction of the manor of Alverton.

Code Description Format Price

B262X

Burials 1813-1837

CD

£2.55

Add to Basket >

B6096

Burials 1813-1837

Book

£2.05

Add to Basket >

A2522

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

1577-1837

CD

£10.25

Add to Basket >

A2522

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

1577-1837

PDF

£10.25

Add to Basket >

< Back to parish list

Shopping Basket

Basket is currently empty.

Be notified of page updates

it's private
powered by ChangeDetection