Parish Details for Bodmin

Bodmin

Bodmin, including the municipal borough, is situated in the Deanery of Trigg Minor and Hundred of Trigg in the centre of the county. It is bordered by Helland to the north, Cardinham to the east, Lanhydrock and Lanivet to the south and Withiel, St Breock and Egloshayle to the west. The parish is mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086 as Bodmine. Many Guilds were quartered in Bodmin with many having their own chapels and places of worship. The Guildhall is still situated in Fore Street. The town of Bodmin is the county town of Cornwall although the city of Truro is now the administrative capital and thus the de facto county town. The town formerly housed a Gaol (built in 1779) and the County Assizes were held here. The County Lunatic Asylum, built in 1820 and now called the St Lawrence's Hospital, is located within the parish to the west of the town and about a mile from the church.

Code Description Format Price

B2683

Burials 1813-1837

CD

£2.55

Add to Basket >

B5006

Burials 1813-1837

Book

£4.10

Add to Basket >

A2973

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

1559-1837

CD

£7.20

Add to Basket >

A2973

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

1559-1837

PDF

£7.20

Add to Basket >

A0696

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

1559-1837

Book

£11.80

Add to Basket >

< Back to parish list

Shopping Basket

Basket is currently empty.

Be notified of page updates

it's private
powered by ChangeDetection