Parish Details for Kenwyn

Kenwyn

Kenwyn is situated in the Deanery and Hundred of Powder. It is bordered by St Allen to the north, St Clements, Truro St Mary and the River Fal to the east, Kea to the south and St Agnes, Perranzabuloe and the detached part of Kea (called Tregavethan) to the west. This parish stretches north-west from Truro with Kenwyn church being on the outskirts of the city. A considerable part of the city of Truro was in this parish and Kenwyn is regarded as a suburb of the city. During the 19th century, many parish boundaries changed because of the moving centres of population and many parts of Kenwyn were redefined as separate parishes. Chacewater chapelry was removed from this parish in 1837 when it became the centre of the new parish of its own. The modern parish of Mithian was also created from part of Kenwyn in 1847. Truro railway station is in Kenwyn parish. Kenwyn also contains the villages of Shortlanesend and Idless. The ecclesiastical parish of St Allen united with Kenwyn on 1 July 1991 by an Order in Council.

Code Description Format Price

B2324

Burials 1813-1837

CD

£2.55

Add to Basket >

A288X

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

1608-1837

CD

£9.25

Add to Basket >

A288X

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

1608-1837

PDF

£9.25

Add to Basket >

< Back to parish list

Shopping Basket

Basket is currently empty.

Be notified of page updates

it's private
powered by ChangeDetection