Parish Details for Illogan

Illogan

Illogan is situated in the Deanery and Hundred of Penwith. In the early 19th century, it was bordered by the ocean and St Agnes to the north, St Agnes and Redruth to the east, Wendron and Camborne to the south and Camborne and the ocean to the west. Illogan parish stretches south from the north coast of Cornwall and is between the towns of Camborne and Redruth. The parish contains Portreath, a village about a mile and a half to the north-west of Illogan churchtown, which was developed in the 18th and 19th centuries into a port with a railway connecting to the Pool and Hayle Foundry. The ecclesiastical district of Mount Hawke was formed out of this parish and St Agnes. The large Redruth Union Workhouse was erected in this parish.

Code Description Format Price

B204X

Burials 1813-1837

CD

£2.55

Add to Basket >

A2690

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

1601-1837

CD

£6.15

Add to Basket >

A2690

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

1601-1837

PDF

£6.15

Add to Basket >

< Back to parish list

Shopping Basket

Basket is currently empty.

Be notified of page updates

it's private
powered by ChangeDetection