Parish Details for Gwennap

Gwennap

Gwennap is situated in the Deanery and Hundred of Kerrier. It is bordered by St Agnes and a detached part of Kenwyn and Kea to the north, Perranarworthal to the east, Stithians to the south and Wendron and Redruth to the west. Villages in the parish are the churchtown, Carharrack, Trevarth, Crofthandy and Sunnycorner. Two new parishes were created from parts of this parish, St Day in 1833 and Lanner in 1845. Gwennap Parish Council was formed on 4th December 1894 and Carharrack formed part of the area looked after by that Council until a Government review and, under pressure from the local inhabitants, Carharrack became a civil parish in its own right in 1985. The first meeting of the newly-formed Carharrack Parish Council took place on 28th May 1985.

Code Description Format Price

B3093

Burials 1813-1837

CD

£3.60

Add to Basket >

B5396

Burials 1813-1837

Book

£5.65

Add to Basket >

A1815

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

1610-1837

CD

£8.20

Add to Basket >

A1815

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

1610-1837

PDF

£8.20

Add to Basket >

< Back to parish list

Shopping Basket

Basket is currently empty.

Be notified of page updates

it's private
powered by ChangeDetection