Parish Details for Blisland

Blisland

Blisland is situated in the Deanery of Trigg Minor and Hundred of Trigg. It is bordered by St Breward (Simonward) to the north, Altarnun, St Neot and Temple to the east, Cardinham and Helland to the south and St Mabyn to the west. It is mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086 as Glustone. The village lies on the edge of Bodmin Moor about 3 miles north-east of the town of Bodmin. It is a hilly area with numerous isolated farms and small unfenced moorland roads. It is primarily farmland and cattle and sheep are grazed on the moorland. Waterloo is a small hamlet here. The parish of Temple was incorporated into Blisland in 1934.

Code Description Format Price

B4047

Burials 1813-1837

Book

£2.05

Add to Basket >

A3345

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

1539-1837

CD

£2.55

Add to Basket >

A3345

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

1539-1837

PDF

£2.55

Add to Basket >

A0559

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

1539-1837

Book

£4.10

Add to Basket >

< Back to parish list

Shopping Basket

Basket is currently empty.

Be notified of page updates

it's private
powered by ChangeDetection