Parish Details for Flushing
Flushing is situated in the Hundred of Kerrier and was created from part of Mylor parish on 23rd June 1844. It is well placed at the foot of a steep hill, having a southern aspect, and is a short journey across the water from Falmouth's Prince of Wales pier. There is a ferry service from here to Falmouth. As a consequence of the mildness of its temperature, it became popular in the late 19th century with the old and infirm. It is now a centre for oyster fishing and recreational sailing. HM Training Ship Ganges, which was used to train boys, was located off here. For records prior to 1844, see MYLOR.