Parish Details for Baldhu
Baldhu is situated in the Deanery of Powder. It is named after the Cornish for Black Mine. It was formed on 1st January 1847 from parts of Kea and Kenwyn parishes. The Parish Church is the burial place of Billy Bray, the revivalist preacher. The village is a mining village situated above the Carnon Valley to the west of Truro. A little to the south of Truro, in the old parish of St Kea, lies an Anglican church St Michael and All Angels. Baldhu is in an isolated spot. In 1984, the Anglican ecclesiastical parish of Baldhu was united with All Saints, Highertown, Truro. Baldhu parish contains the hamlet of Bissoe. For records prior to 1847, see KEA or KENWYN.