Parish Details for Antony

Antony

The parish is now just named Antony. It was once named Antony-in-East, Antony St Jacob, East Antony and Antony-by-Rame. It is situated in the Deanery and Hundred of East and is separated from the town of Devonport by the River Hamoaze. It is bordered by the River Lynher and St German Creek to the north, River Hamoaze to the east, St John's Lake to the south-east, St John and Whitesand Bay to the south and Sheviock to the west. The parish is mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086 where it is called Antone. The village is situated in the south-east corner of Cornwall to the immediate west of the River Tamar. Antony is in the Caradon District near to the mouth of the River Tamar. The modern parish of Torpoint lies in the south-east corner of the older Antony parish. The area is mainly farmland to the west and the town of Torpoint lies in the east of the parish. Torpoint parish was created from Antony in 1819. There are two forts in the parish, Scraesdon Fort and Tregantle Fort. The latter is currently used as a base camp for the adjacent military firing range.

Code Description Format Price

B233X

Burials 1813-1837

CD

£2.55

Add to Basket >

B4030

Burials 1813-1837

Book

£4.10

Add to Basket >

A1716

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

1564-1837

CD

£4.60

Add to Basket >

A1716

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

1564-1837

PDF

£4.60

Add to Basket >

A9912

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

1564-1837

Book

£7.20

Add to Basket >

< Back to parish list

Shopping Basket

Basket is currently empty.

Be notified of page updates

it's private
powered by ChangeDetection