Parish Details for Tywardreath

Tywardreath

Tywardreath is situated in the Deanery and Hundred of Powder. It is bordered by Luxulyan and Lanlivery to the north, Golant (St Sampson) and Fowey to the east and the ocean, Par harbour and the River Par (which separates it from St Austell and St Blazey) to the south and west. Tywardreath has suffered from a multitude of different spellings since it appeared in the Domeday Book of 1086 as Tiwardrai. The village of Tywardreath lies on the Pilgrim's Way. Many pilgrims passed through the village on their way to Fowey for onward travel to holy shrines in southern Europe and the Holy Land. Apart from Tywardreath, the villages are Polkerris, Highway, Par, Polmear, Middleway Bridge and Chapel Down.

Code Description Format Price

B1860

Burials 1813-1837

CD

£2.55

Add to Basket >

B563X

Burials 1813-1837

Book

£2.05

Add to Basket >

A4700

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

1642-1837

CD

£3.60

Add to Basket >

A4700

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

1642-1837

PDF

£3.60

Add to Basket >

< Back to parish list

Shopping Basket

Basket is currently empty.

Be notified of page updates

it's private
powered by ChangeDetection