Parish Details for Truro
The city of Truro is the administrative capital of Cornwall and has a cathedral. It is situated at the junction of the Kenwyn and Allen rivers which have an outlet to the ocean on the South Cornish coast. The borough consisted of St Mary's parish and a very small portion of Kenwyn. In 1835, the municipal franchise was extended into St Clement and an additional portion of Kenwyn. In 1877, it was granted city status and three years later the foundation stone of the cathedral was laid. This was the first cathedral to be built in England since 1710 and a site was chosen right in the centre of the town incorporating part of the 16th century Parish Church of St Mary.