Parish Details for Temple
Temple is situated in the Deanery of Trigg Minor and Hundred of Trigg. It is bordered by Blisland to the north and west, St Neot to the east and Warleggan and Cardinham to the south. The village of Temple is between Bodmin and Launceston. The Knights Templars, who were dedicated to helping pilgims travel to Jerusalem, possessed land here in the 12th century and left a lasting reminder in the present name. In the 18th century, the church achieved some notoriety as a place where couples could marry without a licence or banns. In 1934, the parish was incorporated into the neighbouring Blisland parish.