Parish Details for Charlestown
Charlestown is a coastal town situated in the north-west corner of St Austell Bay on the south coast of Cornwall and about 2 miles from St Austell town centre. The old Cornish name for the area was Polmear and the village was originally called West Polmear. Charlestown is now part of St Austell Urban District. For records prior to 1847, see St AUSTELL.