Parish Details for Chacewater
Chacewater is situated in the Deanery of Powder. The parish was created in 1828 from part of Kea parish. The populous village of Chacewater owed its existence in the early 19th century solely to the surrounding mines. Chacewater was long distinguished by possessing one of the largest and ugliest churches in Cornwall. For records prior to 1828, see KEA.