Parish Details for St Just in Roseland

St Just in Roseland

St Just-in-Roseland is situated in the Deanery and Hundred of Powder. It is bordered by Philleigh to the north, Gerrans and Gerrans Lake to the east, St Mawes Creek and St Anthony's Pool (which separates it from St Anthony) to the south and Falmouth harbour and the ocean to the west. The parish is set on the western side of the Roseland peninsula. To the west is the Carrick Roads, a large natural harbour with the port of Falmouth on its western side. The town of St Mawes, which is the main place of residence, lies within the parish and stretches along the shore line on the north side of Falmouth harbour. The parish contains a castle, called St Mawes Castle, which was built by Henry VII1 in 1542. It is one of a pair commanding Carrick Roads seaway and the entrance to Falmouth harbour with the other being Pendennis Castle at Falmouth. St Mawes has its own harbour where ferry services connect it with Falmouth, St Anthony and Gerrans.

Code Description Format Price

B3239

Burials 1813-1837

CD

£2.55

Add to Basket >

B5129

Burials 1813-1837

Book

£2.05

Add to Basket >

A2478

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

1538-1837

CD

£3.60

Add to Basket >

A2478

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

1538-1837

PDF

£3.60

Add to Basket >

< Back to parish list

Shopping Basket

Basket is currently empty.

Be notified of page updates

it's private
powered by ChangeDetection