Parish Details for St Just in Penwith

St Just in Penwith

St Just-in-Penwith is situated in the Deanery and Hundred of Penwith. As its name suggests, it is located in the Penwith District on the far western tip of Cornwall and should not be confused with St Just-in-Roseland which is to the south of Truro. Of the two parishes, this is more commonly referred to as St Just. It is bordered by the ocean and Morvah to the north, Madron and Sancreed to the east, St Buryan and Sennen to the south and the ocean to the west. Land's End lies just to the south of the parish. The parish extends along the coast and is 7 to 8 miles long and 2 to 3 miles wide. It is separated from the adjoining parishes of St Buryan and Sancreed by a ridge of hills which slope gradually towards the ocean. The town of St Just is the most westerly one in Britain. In size it would appear to be a village but it has its own Town Hall, town clock and a town council. The most important village in the parish was Pendeen which became the centre of a new parish of Pendeen when it was created from part of St Just in 1849.

Code Description Format Price

B5615

Burials 1813-1837

CD

£2.55

Add to Basket >

B6720

Burials 1813-1837

Book

£4.10

Add to Basket >

A5608

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

1599-1837

CD

£6.15

Add to Basket >

A5608

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

1599-1837

PDF

£6.15

Add to Basket >

< Back to parish list

Shopping Basket

Basket is currently empty.

Be notified of page updates

it's private
powered by ChangeDetection