Parish Details for Redruth - St Uny

Redruth - St Uny

Redruth St Uny, sometimes spelled St Euny, is the original church of Redruth town parish and is situated in the Deanery and Hundred of Penwith. The ecclesiastical parish was created from part of the original Redruth parish when that parish was divided in two in 1884 to serve a vastly increasing population. It is bordered by Illogan and St Agnes to the north, Gwennap to the east, Gwennap and Illogan to the south and Illogan to the west. In the past, the town of Redruth and its neighbour, Camborne, served the important areas of tin mining area in South West Cornwall. There has been a long tradition of rivalry between the two towns. In the early days of mining, Redruth thought it was a cut above Camborne because it was the place where the better classes lived.

Code Description Format Price

B4564

Burials 1813-1837

CD

£3.60

Add to Basket >

A4243

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

To 1837

CD

£9.25

Add to Basket >

A4243

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

To 1837

PDF

£9.25

Add to Basket >

< Back to parish list

Shopping Basket

Basket is currently empty.

Be notified of page updates

it's private
powered by ChangeDetection