Parish Details for Padstow

Padstow

Padstow is situated in the Deanery of Pydar. It is bordered by the ocean and the entrance to Padstow harbour to the north, the estuary of the River Camel and Tregonce Creek (which separates it from St Minver and St Issey) to the east, Little Petherick to the south and St Merryn to the west. The town of Padstow grew on a sheltered inlet on the west side of the Camel estuary being the only reasonable harbour on the North Cornish coast between St Ives and Bideford. On May Day every year there is a festivity called the Obby-Oss where the junior inhabitants assemble in the street and process through the town following a painted effigy of a horse and singing in praise of St George. The origin of this event is probably pagan.

Code Description Format Price

B2317

Burials 1813-1837

CD

£2.55

Add to Basket >

B6195

Burials 1813-1837

Book

£2.05

Add to Basket >

A3437

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

1599-1837

CD

£3.60

Add to Basket >

A3437

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

1599-1837

PDF

£3.60

Add to Basket >

< Back to parish list

Shopping Basket

Basket is currently empty.

Be notified of page updates

it's private
powered by ChangeDetection