Parish Details for Newquay
Newquay is a tourist resort on the north coast of Cornwall. This one time fishing village was originally called Towan Blystra. The ecclesiastical parish of Newquay was created in 1882 from part of St Columb Minor parish. In 1960, Newquay formally subsumed St Columb Minor civil parish which has become a suburb of Newquay. For records prior to 1882, see St COLUMB MINOR.