Parish Details for Breage

Breage

Originally called St Breock-in-Kerrier, St Breaca or St Briack, the parish is now just called Breage. It is situated in the Deanery and Hundred of Kerrier and is bordered by Crowan to the north, Sithney to the east, St Hilary and Germoe to the west and the ocean to the south. The parish of Breage is named after Saint Breage and is either pronounced 'Braig', or 'Breeg' as it is now more often heard. Besides the churchtown, the main villages in this parish are Ashton, Trew, Rinsey, Kenegy, Hendra, Tregunno, Trescow, Trevervas and Herland (where the Godolphin church stood). The fishing village of Porthleven was partly in this parish and partly in Sithney. The two new parishes of Godolphin and Porthleven were created from parts of this parish in 1846.

Code Description Format Price

B2843

Burials 1813-1837

CD

£2.55

Add to Basket >

B4887

Burials 1813-1837

Book

£4.10

Add to Basket >

A5677

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

1559-1837

CD

£6.15

Add to Basket >

A5677

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

1559-1837

PDF

£6.15

Add to Basket >

A048X

Pre Civil Registration Marriages

1559-1837

Book

£11.80

Add to Basket >

< Back to parish list

Shopping Basket

Basket is currently empty.

Be notified of page updates

it's private
powered by ChangeDetection