Parish Details for Newlyn St Peter
Newlyn St Peter is situated in the Deanery and Hundred of Penwith. It is sometimes referred to as Newlyn West or Newlyn-by-Penzance to differentiate it from St Newlyn East. The parish is located just to the west of the town of Penzance and was created in 1851 from part of the parish of Paul. It contains the fishing port of Newlyn which in the past has attracted artists influenced by the French Impressionists. They came to be known as the 'Newlyn School'. For records prior to 1851, see PAUL.