Parish Details for Mount Hawke
Mount Hawke is situated in the Deanery and Hundred of Powder. It lies to the south of St Agnes and just inland from the ocean. It is believed to be named after a family of ropemakers called Hawke. The parish, containing the village, was created in 1847 from the south-west part of the parish of St Agnes and a small part of the civil parish of Illogan. For records prior to 1847, see St AGNES or ILLOGAN.